Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Even scarier than a ghost!!!!

So Roy and I moved into a new house this July. We love it, it is a great house and we feel very blessed to live here. We are just renting but it is so much better than the small apartment that we had. There is just one problem...the house was empty for a few months before we moved in, so there are lots of spiders! I find a spider almost daily in our bath tub and a few weeks ago, I am pretty sure, a brown recluse crawled out of the kitchen sink, when I was going to do the dishes. I screamed and Mercedes screamed, it was pure drama. (I sucked it up with the vacuum, because I can't here the crunchy sound when you step on it!) I am pretty jumpy all the time now. I shake everything for spiders and I am scared to get things out of the cupboards for fear that I will find a spider. I pretty much always have the creepy-crawlies. I am even scared to watch TV on the couch, because I just know spiders are lurking close by. Our washer and dryer are in the garage and Roy said he found a huge spider the other day in the laundry pile, so sorting laundry is just down right terrifying. There is one thing that I always do religiously and that is shake my bedding before I go to sleep. So last night I performed my routine and went to bed. This morning Roy got up early to go to work and I was laying there trying to go back to sleep and then the worst thing happened. A spider crawled across my cheek!!!! I felt the tickle on my face and flicked the spider off of me and sat up in time to see it crawl behind my pillow. Luckily Roy was still home because I was hysterical. Roy didn't believe me at first but then he saw the spider. In his words, "it was not a small spider." So at 8:00 sharp I called an exterminator and they were at my house by 9:00 to spray. (I think they came quickly because I started crying when I talked to them on the phone.) So hopefully we are spider free. The guy who sprayed was really nice and very generous with the spray. I already have a hard time sleeping...I am sure things will not be getting better anytime soon. (I am moving the bed at least a few feet from the window for the next while). I HATE SPIDERS!

13 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

AH!!!! I tOtAlLy have a giant fear of spiders. I would move!!! LOL Hope the exterminator helps!

Jen said...

OH NO! That would be freaky for sure. we live in a basement apt. and deal with Spiders as well. My first thought was you need an exterminator, but you got that covered :) I hope they disappear! What a crazy story!

Jungle MOM said...

Gives me the shivers to think about spiders. We have big old red centipedes here. They make me scream like a little girl. I can handle spiders, I can even pick them up and put the outside, but I can't stand two inch, red centipedes. They scare me half to death!!

Stacy said...

I can just picture you on the phone to the exterminators and it makes me laugh!!

Spiders definately belong outside!!!

Andrea Whidden said...

YUCK!!!

Kate said...

That happened to me the other day as my husband was leaving for work. I had just come inside from walking our puppy and felt something tickle my neck. I grabbed at it and saw that it was a spider. I freaked out and my husband just laughed. It really does make your skin crawl for a long time! Fun to see your blog! I miss working with you.

FoulgerFamily said...

I hate spiders too! I buy these sticky tents from home depot, so they stick and die. Mean but effective.

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

I absolutely hate spiders. Just reading this gave me the creepies

BAWC said...

you are a pansy trace :)

Jungle MOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jungle MOM said...

Oh my goodness, it's been so long! I've been telling Pastor to call Roy, but he's been working night and day. We'd like to have you guys over to dinner if you can come sometime in the near future. We're excited to finally be able to have people to our space since we moved. What days are good for you?

Becca Jo said...

haa haa I just saw your blog on stacy's. I love that you cried on the phone. that's great!

I've put you on my blog list so you better update

Valerie S said...

Andrea, I just saw your blog from Stacy's blog. I hope you don't mind me commenting.

I hate spiders too. I had our house umigated last summer. (Totally worth the money) They came about 4 times over a year and it worked. I hardly ever see spiders in my house anymore. If a spider crawled on my face while I was in bed I'd be on the phone in a second. We happened to have an exterminator come by soliciting a couple days after I'd found 6 spiders in one day. He was SO hired.