Thursday, March 19, 2009

Swimming!




Last night we took Mercedes swimming and she loved it! What can I say, my kid is an animal. She seriously had out-of-control fun! She didn't even care if she got her face wet! When we took her out of the water she was so cold and hungry! What a great way to get a fussy eater to eat! Needless to say she is worn out today. Note: there are no pictures of me, I was worried someone would yell, "Free Willey!" if I put myself in a swimsuit.
Our latest battle has been getting Mercedes to take her iron. She is iron deficient again and therefore required to take a massive amount of iron on a daily basis. She hates it. It is a battle everyday for us. She sees me coming with it and instantly begins to cry. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting your kids to take medicine that they don't like? I have tried hiding it in food and drinks and bribery and just about everything else you can imagine. I even had the pharmacy flavor it for me. She is just too smart for all of it. So I pretty much just have to force it down her. I have a new Iron supplement on the way and I am praying that it will work, but for now, morning times are no fun at our house:(
Lucas is also doing well (the baby on the way). He is growing well and improving with each ultrasound. As some of you know he has a very small mass in his lung. We are watching it very carefully and the past few ultrasounds have shown that it is actually getting smaller. There is a small chance that it will just disappear before birth. If not he will require surgery at some point down the road (3 to 6 months after birth) to remove it. For now we are just counting our blessings and are very hopeful that things will turn out okay! We are mostly just excited for his arrival. We can't wait for him to join our family!

6 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

What fun pictures! I hope you are feeling okay as you approach the final stretch. I am glad the mass is getting smaller, we will keep you and your little family in our prayers.

BAWC said...

what a studly woman she is. was that emmett's party? we were sad that we were not able to come, it looks like fun. best of luck with everything with lucas! i know it will turn out for the better. remember cru had a spot on his liver? all will be well.

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Love the update! Mercedes is a doll! I am keeping my fingers crossed for Lucas!

Jungle MOM said...

I'm sorry hear about the complications with your new little one. I admire your faith! We will keep you in our prayers.

Tell Roy and Mercedes hi from us!

The Redhead said...

You are so funny about the swimsuit comment. I hear ya lady! I too did not go near a swimsuit and camera when I was prego. Hope all is well with Lucas. I will pray for you guys. I love your Mercedes,she is beautiful! I can't blame her from running fromt the meds.......you think us nurses would know how to get the job done but the kiddos outsmart us everytime. Good luck!

Heidi said...

I love that we can talk more through blogging now. Also love the swimming pics but where are you? Can't wait to hold your little one! (Hurry up and come little boy.) Talk to you soon.